Education & Training
Diploma of Clinical Hypnosis Training Course
Conducted in conjunction with The Australian Society of Hypnosis (Victorian Branch)
The course consists of five face-to-face training days, plus online Training Modules; homework exercises completed between training days; and a Follow-Up Day
Component I - Part I
The Basics of Hypnosis
In their own time and prior to the first Face-to-Face [F2F] Day, candidates complete three online Training Modules:
- Understanding Clinical Hypnosis
- Phenomena of Hypnosis
- Contraindications to the Use of Hypnosis and Difficulties in Trance.
Component I - Part II
Face-to-Face Training Day - Saturday 17 March 2018 - 10am to 3pm
- Introduction to the Clinical Hypnosis Training Course
- Review of learning principles from online Training Modules
- Practice of induction techniques
- Practice of assessment of hypnotic capacity
Following this F2F Training Day Candidates undertake the following homework assignment:
- Candidates complete the online Training Module: "Assessment of Hypnotic Capacity." This Module should be viewed several times, focusing on: (a) overall procedure; (b) subject's behavioural responses; (c) subject's subjective report of trance experiences; & (d) scoring procedure.
- Candidates practise the assessment protocol, to develop competency and familiarity with the standard test.
- Candidates carry out at least three (3) assessments, using professional colleagues or friends as subjects. Candidates advise subjects that they are learning clinical hypnosis and that no therapy accompanies the standard test.
- Candidates submit three written reports detailing their assessments of hypnotic capacity, using the pro forma issued by ASH Victoria.
- These are rated as being "Satisfactory" or "Unsatisfactory". Those marked "Unsatisfactory" must be re-submitted or new assessments done, at the discretion of the Course Coordinator.
- These reports MUST be submitted and assessed as "Satisfactory" prior to the second F2F Training Day on Saturday 28 April 2018.
Certificate of Competency, Component I issued.
Applying Clinical Hypnosis
Following this F2F Training Day, candidates complete the following online Training Module: "Induction, Deepening and Re-alerting Procedures"
Each candidate completes the following homework assignment:
- The aim of this exercise is to design induction scripts for two subjects of your SHCS assessment. (It is not necessary to actually use the scripts with subjects.)
- Candidates select or create an induction script for each, using imagery or other induction strategy based upon subjects? preferred style, as assessed in the SHCS score. You can use the text of sample scripts provided in the Diploma Course ? but you must use scripts appropriate to your subjects? preferred style.
- Scripts are submitted for assessment, including (a) brief subject presentation on the SHCS; (b) rationale for the script; and (c) actual script.
- These must be completed prior to the next F2F Training Day on Saturday 19 May 2018.
Certificate of Competency, Component II issued.
Scripts for Trance Induction and Guided Imagery
Face-to-Face Training Day - Saturday 19 May 2018 - 10am to 4pm
- Review of learning principles from online Training Modules
- Review of induction principles
- Review of contraindications to hypnosis
- Practice script writing (selection of client; preparation of script containing induction and imagery)
- Presentation of scripts to group
Following this training day, candidates complete the following online Training Modules:
- Hypnosis Integrated with CBT
- Hypnosis in Self-Esteem and Ego-Strengthening
- Hypnosis Scripts for Relaxation and Stress Management.
Homework Exercise - having completed these online Training Modules, each candidate:
- Selects two (2) of their clients and prepares a written script for each. Each script must contain: (a) induction script; (b) at least two CBT techniques; (c) at least two ego-strengthening techniques; & (d) de-induction.
- Candidates submit a brief client history and script (from 1. above) for assessment.
- Candidates then use the script with each of the three clients and submits a written report on the efficacy of each.
- These must be submitted prior to the next F2F Training Day on Saturday 2 June 2018.
Certificate of Competency, Component III issued upon completion of homework
Applications of Hypnosis (Part 1)
Face-to-Face Training Day - Saturday 2 June 2018 ? 9.30am to 3.30pm
- Indirect Techniques: Why and How to Use Them (Dr Doris Brett)
- Practice with Indirect Inductions (Dr Doris Brett)
Applications of Hypnosis (Part 2)
Face-to-Face Training Day - Saturday 23 June 2018 ? 9.30am to 3.30pm
- Using Hypnosis with Medical Issues (Dr Doris Brett)
- Hypnosis and Pain Management (Dr Doris Brett)
- Hypnosis and Metaphor (Dr Doris Brett)
Applications of Hypnosis (Part 3)
In their own time, candidates complete the following modules:
- Introduction to Pain Management with Hypnosis [Powerpoint]
- Self-Hypnosis [Video and HO]
- Smoking Cessation with Hypnosis [Video, HO and Scripts]
- Hypnosis with Trauma - Part 1 [Powerpoint]
- Hypnosis with Trauma - Part 2 [Powerpoint]
- Hypnosis with Children [Powerpoint]
Certificate of Competency, Component IV issued upon completion
Saturday 28 July 2018
Each student presents a 30-minute case presentation, detailing hypnosis work with a selected client (using pro forma)
Certificate of Competency, Component IV issued upon completion.
Preparation for the Diploma
Each student must complete:
- Twenty (20) hours of supervised individual and/or small group supervision;
- Submit two (2) case reports detailing trancework with clients (2000-3000 words limit); and
- Complete a thirty (30) minute viva with two Members of ASH Vic.
Candidates then receive the Diploma in Clinical Hypnosis (ASH Victoria).
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
The course is designed to meet the criteria for CPD (approx 100 hours, comprising online Training Modules; face-to-face supervision; homework exercises; and follow-up presentation).
Course Cost and How to Register
The Course cost is $2,970.00 (incl $270 GST)
There is a $200 discount for full payment upfront
You may use our payment plan: $594 upon registration - then 4 x $594 payments due the first of March, April, May & June of 2018.
You can register via PayPal below or by EFT/Cheque here.